Vijana Vision Tanzania (VVT) is a non-governmental organization acting to change attitudes and behavior, to protect the environment and promote Sustainable Development registered in 2003 to operate in mainland Tanzania. It was established in 2000 during the process to advocate for youth inclusion for sustainable development which resulted in to agenda 21 in the Word Summit of Sustainable Development (Rio+10) that took place in Johannesburg 2002.
VVT is committed to excellence, transparency and accountability in delivering our work, responding to the needs of our constituency, caring for our staff and in conducting social services with our stakeholders and beneficiaries. We are proud and privileged to work across a wide range of cultures, with a diverse range of peoples, and in varied economic. Our reputation and credibility are derived from the quality of our work, the recognition and support of the people with, and for whom we work, and from our members, donors, staff and the public at large.
We recognize that to maintain our reputation we must demonstrate from the highest levels of the organization:
- Integrity and ethical behavior.
- A commitment to competence.
- Fair, inclusive and transparent decision making.
- Clear responsibilities and accountabilities for achieving the Mission, responding to stakeholders.
- Equality, inclusiveness and respect for the diversity of people.
- Environmental responsibility.